If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.
We can help you with the prescription you need.
CALL NOW 1-800-841-0101 TO ORDER
ARTHRITIS THERAPY SYSTEM
FOR THE KNEE AND HAND
WITH INFRARED HEAT TECHNOLOGY
FDA 510K CLEARED - MEDICARE CODED AND SADMERC APPROVED Electrical Joint Stimulation Device - HCPC E0762
Introducing the JSTIM 1000 Therapy System, a break through in the treatment of arthritis and joint pain conditions.
JStim is developed with the indications of use for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis of the knee or hand. Due to the unique combination of the infrared heat fabric, proprietary electrotherapy stimulation, and compression, the JStim is likely to provide pain relief and therapy to one's arthritic condition.
The JStim is a proprietary electrotherapy device that works in tandem with soft, multi-layer conductive fabric and safe infrared heat to deliver therapy. These combined therapies are compressed against the treatment site using compression wraps, allowing the silver garment electrodes and infrared heat band to emit therapy directly into the target joint.
It is safe, effective, and convenient to use your JStim at night while sleeping. The JStim is a cumulative therapy, and should be part of a therapy regimen for 6-12 months for optimal results.
OSTEOARTHRITIS IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE OF JOINT PAIN
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis (degenerative arthritis) that is caused by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage that is in between your joints. Cartilage is a protein substance that serves as a "cushion" in your joint.
As the cartilage breaks down, the bones begin to rub against each other, resulting in damage to the surface of the joint. Pain and discomfort will occur, preventing you from being able to exercise and stay active. It can even result in significant disability.
Osteoarthritis is synonymous with aging, and it can be inherited. Scientists now believe that it is mainly caused by a combination of these factors as well as obesity and joint injuries.
Among the more than 100 different types of arthritis conditions, osteoarthritis is the most common, affecting more than 20 million people in the United States alone. Osteoarthritis commonly affects the hands, feet, spine, and large weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and knees.
TREATMENTS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS: SURGICAL OR NON-SURGICAL
The non-surgical treatments are weight loss, exercise, medications, and now the JStim. The surgical option is total knee replacement. Surgery does pose risk of complications.
THE JSTIM IS BUILT WITH COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE IN MIND
* The JStim 1000 Knee System utilizes a high-quality knee compression wrap, infrared heat fabric technology, and specific conductive silver fabric electrode patches that connect to the JStim stimulation unit
* The wraps are one-size fits most, and are available in custom sizes.
* The JStim 1000 Hand System is similar to the knee system, but is worn like a glove. This particular treatment set-up consists of silver garment fabric in the shape of a glove, combined with Infrared heat fabric, and finally a special compression glove to be fitted over the conductive components in order to block the outside current and to give a combination of treatments to the affected hands.
* The infrared heat fabric technology is used in conjunction with either the knee or hand system.
* Medicare Coded
* SADMERC Approved
* FDA 510K Cleared
The JStim works by sending tiny electrical signals to the joint, while combining infrared heat and compression. This may help relieve pain, increase blood circulation, and aid comfort.
The JStim has two modes of operation: DT (daytime) and NT (nighttime). The NT mode is the main treatment mode designed as a cumulative therapy to therapeutically treat OA and RA. The DT mode was designed to combat pain immediately. It is safe to use the DT mode as little or as much as needed. However, if you are seeking long-term results, you should adhere to a residual program on the NT mode.
The JStim is a therapeutic modality specifically designed to the treat the Joint. Categorically, the JStim is a Joint Stimulator. The JStim utilizes proprietary output parameters to specifically target the joint tissue and cartilage. The JStim is a high volt device, with a digitally generated monophasic wave form, and a milliamperage that is fixed on the tissue at .2 mA. The frequency is set in a therapeutic range of 75-85Hz.
FACTS ABOUT JSTIM
- The JStim is a non-medicated, noninvasive treatment intended for the reduction of pain and symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the knee and Rheumatoid Arthritis of the hand.*
- Due to the unique combination of electrotherapy, compression and infrared heat conduction, the system may provide both pain relief and therapeutic results to the affected area. The JStim may provide a viable alternative to the use of pain medication.*
clinical studies yet to be performed
Patients who are pregnant or nursing should not use the device and it should only be used under the continued supervision of a physician. A physicians order is required to obtain the device.
HOW TO OBTAIN A JSTIM SYSTEM
1. The first thing you should do is consult your physician to discuss this treatment option, so that you can obtain a prescription.
2. The contact your medical product provider, so they can consult with you in detail about all applicable insurance coverage options you may have.
3. Then they can begin getting you instructed and fit into your very own JStim system.
THE FOLLOWING IS A SUMMARY OF A INDEPENDENT STUDY PREFORMED AND COMPLETED FOR THE JSTIM 1000
SECTION I: ABSTRACT
Five women ranging in age from 51 to 68 with radiologically diagnosed OA of the knee, suffering chronic pain which limited their activity level and in some cases interfered with sleep, received home treatment for 10 weeks. Three indicators were compared before and after treatment: (1) qualitatively on patient questionnaires and interviews, all five patients reported that their knee pain and function showed definite improvement, which was in some cases quite substantial; (2) a 44-point subjective quantitative Lower Extremity Functional Scale was customized for this population, and improvement for the group averaged 33% (9.4 points) with 4 of 5 patients improving; (3) knee flexion ROM was measured by a physician, and increase for the group averaged 19% (11 degrees) with 4 to 5 patients improving. Three of the 5 patients showed improvements in all 3 indicators, and among the 15 individual indicators positive change occurred in 87% (13 to 15). In this trial the JStim demonstrated excellent potential for reducing pain and dysfunction caused by osteoarthritis in the knee.
THE STUDY WAS CONDUCTED BY STUART GREENLEAF, L.Ac. AND JERRY EVANS, D.C.
Copyright (c) 2010 PSP Medical Rentals & Sales. All rights reserved.